Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon Chameleon…
The tin lizard has ascended the evolutionary ladder and is now a fully-imagined carbon fiber creature. It’s Darwinism in action.
Santa Cruz took the fun-loving, shreddy spirit and adjustability of the beloved aluminum Chameleon and added a lighter, faster, more advanced version of the species. It’s a do-it-all hardtail that is as happy making the most of backyard booter (mis)adventures as it is fully-loaded with camp gear and a color-matched dangle mug.
Speaking of color-matched, the carbon chameleon features custom blue Hope hubs and headset on the SE kit make this reptile stand out from the crowd. Two bottle cage mounts, including a triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube mean you can escape from the crowds, too.
The Chameleon changes to suit its environment. Twenty-niner or 27-plus, geared or single-speed, this adaptable hardtail utilizes a suite of simple, swappable dropouts to convert it from aggro trail charger to single-speed racer to husky bikepacking mule, or anything in between.
Depending on setup and skill level, the Chameleon is capable on a wide range of terrain—aggressive trail riding to jump lines to all-around use. Going for maximum speed and rollability? Go 29er. Riding mostly loose terrain? Get some Plus tires that provide traction for days.
The most versatile bike in our range ticks even more boxes.
- Frame: Carbon C
- Fork: Fox 34 Performance 120
- R. Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 30t - 170mm (S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated
- Headset Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: DT 370 15x110 32H
- Rear Hub: DT 370 12x148 32H
- Rims: Race Face AR 27 29 32H
- Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 29x2.3 DHF EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Ardent Race 29x2.35 TR EXO
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro