Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
With the Diverge Sport, you'll be prepared for anything the road throws at you, from smooth tarmac to the most chewed-up tracks out there. It's packed with all the same technologies as its pricier cousins, only its spec places an emphasis on reliable performance, not components so flashy you'll be eating nothing but top ramen for months.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, we took your number one request into account—tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires or 650b x 47mm tires. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, we developed a FACT 9r carbon frame that’s one of the lightest in its category.
Next up, we moved away from a traditional ‘cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn’t been seen before—our Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there’s only so much that wider tires with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, we implemented a new version of our Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn’t lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won’t be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock (found on the Roubaix), the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, we topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, we wanted to make sure that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly for years to come, so you'll find a Shimano 105 groupset, hydraulic disc brakes, and an DT R470 Disc wheelset.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame features our adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc, BB386
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES: Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE: Sawtooth Sport, black, 700x38mm
- REAR TIRE: Sawtooth Sport, black, 700x38mm
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba
- CHAINRINGS: 48/32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Praxis, PF30
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 R7000, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN: KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7070, flat-mount disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7070, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 12-degree flare
- TAPE: S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE: Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER: Diverge Collar, Alloy, 31.2mm
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
|Bike Standover Height||704mm||726mm||752mm||776mm||801mm||815mm|
|Fork Length, Full||390mm||390mm||390mm||390mm||390mm||390mm|
|Head Tube Angle||70.8°||71°||71.9°||72.5°||72.5°||72.8°|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||95mm||108mm||128mm||155mm||178mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||405mm||440mm||473mm||500mm||525mm||555mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||524mm||532mm||549mm||561mm||575mm||589mm|