Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Ripping corners, sticking it to friends on the road, cruising down the highway—no matter how you ride, the Tarmac Disc Comp delivers in spades. It houses many of the features found in its S-Works siblings, so you'll have the ride of your life.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
We also know, however, that aerodynamic improvements are the most important thing we can do to make you faster. Our Bora-Hansgrohe and Quick-Step Floors Pro Tour riders, after all, are demanding aero improvements on every bike. With this, the aero goal was to discover where we could essentially "add aero for free," by not taking anything away from the hallmarks of the Tarmac design. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where we could do this—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes.
This Tarmac comes with a no-fuss spec that includes Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting, quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels.
- FRAME: Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK: FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FRONT WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES: Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TIRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TIRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, 52/36T
- CHAINRINGS: 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano threaded
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8000-GS, medium cage
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE: S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE: Toupe Comp Gel, 143mm, hollow Cro-Mo rails, Adaptive Edge
- SEATPOST: S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER: Alloy 31.2mm
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|
|Head Tube Angle||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Head Tube Length||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Seat Tube Length||451mm||481mm||498mm||519mm||540mm||570mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||511mm||535mm||544mm||566mm||581mm||599mm|