Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Designed with an optimized single-position link, ultra-aggressive geometry, and a long stroke shock that provides 155mm of rear travel, we’ve kitted out the Instinct BC with wide bars, big tires, ultra-stiff wheels, and more capable suspension. It smashes all-mountain lines, rails corners, and plows over everything in sight while displaying all the climbing efficiency that makes the Instinct a crowd favourite.
- Frame - FORM Alloy. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs.
- Sizes - S - M - L - XL
- Fork - Fox 36 Float EVOL GRIP2 Factory 160mm 44mm Offset
- Front Travel - 160mm
- Shock - Fox Float DPX2 EVOL Factory
- Rear Travel - 155mm
- Headset - FSA Orbit NO.57E
- Stem - Rocky Mountain 35 AM
- Handlebar - Rocky Mountain AM 780mm
- Grips - Rocky Mountain Lock On Light
- Brakes - Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 203mm / Shimano RT66 203mm
- Brake Levers - Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston
- Shifters - Shimano XT
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings - Race Face Aeffect Cinch 32T Steel
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette - Shimano XT 10-51T
- Chain - Shimano HG7100
- Front Hub - Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm
- Spokes - DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0
- Rims - Race Face AR 30
- Tires - Maxxis Minion DHF WT Maxx Terra 3C Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.5 / Maxxis Aggressor WT EXO Tubeless Ready 29 x 2.5
- Seatpost - OneUp Dropper Post 30.9mm
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race 142
- Weight - 14.68 KG / 32.4 LBS
SUSPENSION - Size Specific Tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.