Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Whether you're smashing through the roughest trails imaginable or scrubbing lips in the park, the Slayer is built for those who charge. We’ve made it longer and slacker, with better small-bump sensitivity and a more progressive end-stroke. For those who like to fine-tune their ride before they shred, we kept the RIDE-4 adjustment system to allow for further geometry and ride feel customization. Rocky Mountain led the original freeride movement, and the Slayer continues the legacy.
- Frame: SMOOTHWALL Carbon Front Triangle. FORM Alloy Rear Triangle. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. RIDE-4 Adjustable Geometry.
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 29: 170mm 42mm Offset / 27.5: 180mm 37mm Offset
- Front Travel: 170mm. (200mm Dual Crown Compatible)
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RCT, MD = 400 lb / LG = 450 lb / XL = 500 lb
- Rear Travel: 170mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit NO.57E
- Stem: Rocky Mountain 35 AM
- Handlebar: Race Face Atlas 820mm
- Grips: Rocky Mountain Lock On XC
- Brakes: Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 203mm / Shimano RT66 203mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston
- Shifters: Shimano XT
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings: Race Face Turbine Cinch 29: 32T / 27.5: 34T
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face BB92 30mm
- Cassette: Shimano XT 10-51T
- Chain: Shimano HG8100
- Front Hub: Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm Torque Cap
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion 2.0
- Rims: Race Face AR 30
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF WT Double Down Maxx Grip 3C Tubeless Ready 2.5 / Maxxis Aggressor WT Double Down Tubeless Ready 2.5
- Seatpost: OneUp Dropper Post 30.9mm
- Saddle: WTB Volt Race 142
*Geo as measured in Position 1: Slack
GEOMETRY - RIDE-4 Adjustment System
The RIDE-4 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry with a pair of Allen keys. Four configurations are possible thanks to one rotating chip. This allows for subtle geometry changes with minimal effect on your shock tune.
SUSPENSION - Size Specific Tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FRAME CONSTRUCTION - FORM Alloy
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
SUSPENSION - Smoothlink Suspension
Smoothlink™ suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
FRAME CONSTRUCTION - Smoothwall Carbon
Smoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.