Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Whether you're smashing through the roughest trails imaginable or scrubbing lips in the park, the Slayer is built for those who charge. We’ve made it longer and slacker, with better small-bump sensitivity and a more progressive end-stroke. For those who like to fine-tune their ride before they shred, we kept the RIDE-4 adjustment system to allow for further geometry and ride feel customization. Rocky Mountain led the original freeride movement, and the Slayer continues the legacy.
- FrameSMOOTHWALL Carbon Front Triangle. FORM Alloy Rear Triangle. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. RIDE-4 Adjustable Geometry.
- SizesM - L - XL
- ForkRockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 29: 170mm 42mm Offset / 27.5: 180mm 37mm Offset
- Front Travel170mm. (200mm Dual Crown Compatible)
- ShockRockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RCT, MD = 400 lb / LG = 450 lb / XL = 500 lb
- Rear Travel170mm
- HeadsetFSA Orbit NO.57E
- StemRocky Mountain 35 AM
- HandlebarRace Face Atlas 820mm
- GripsRocky Mountain Lock On XC
- BrakesShimano XT Trail 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 203mm / Shimano RT66 203mm
- Brake LeversShimano XT Trail 4 Piston
- ShiftersShimano XT
- Rear DerailleurShimano XT
- Cranks & ChainringsRace Face Turbine Cinch 29: 32T / 27.5: 34T
- Bottom BracketRace Face BB92 30mm
- CassetteShimano XT 10-51T
- ChainShimano HG8100
- Front HubRocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm Torque Cap
- Rear HubDT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm
- SpokesDT Swiss Champion 2.0
- RimsRace Face AR 30
- TiresMaxxis Minion DHF WT Double Down Maxx Grip 3C Tubeless Ready 2.5 / Maxxis Aggressor WT Double Down Tubeless Ready 2.5
- SeatpostOneUp Dropper Post 30.9mm
- SaddleWTB Volt Race 142
- Weight15.5 KG / 34.2 LBS
*Geo as measured in Position 1: Slack
GEOMETRY - RIDE-4 Adjustment System
The RIDE-4 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry with a pair of Allen keys. Four configurations are possible thanks to one rotating chip. This allows for subtle geometry changes with minimal effect on your shock tune.
SUSPENSION - Size Specific Tune
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FRAME CONSTRUCTION - FORM Alloy
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
SUSPENSION - Smoothlink Suspension
Smoothlink™ suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
FRAME CONSTRUCTION - Smoothwall Carbon
Smoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.