Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Santa Cruz Chameleon AL 7.1 27+ D-Kit
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
The Chameleon is a do-it-all hardtail that is as happy making the most of backyard booter (mis)adventures as it is fully-loaded with camp gear and a color-matched dangle mug. Two bottle cage mounts, including a triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube mean you can escape from the crowds, too.
The Chameleon changes to suit its environment. Twenty-niner or 27-plus, geared or single-speed, this adaptable hardtail utilizes a suite of simple, swappable dropouts to convert it from aggro trail charger to single-speed racer to husky bikepacking mule, or anything in between.
Depending on setup and skill level, the Chameleon is capable on a wide range of terrain—aggressive trail riding to jump lines to all-around use. Going for maximum speed and rollability? Go 29er. Riding mostly loose terrain? Get some Plus tires that provide traction for days.
The most versatile bike in our range ticks even more boxes.
- Fork - RockShox Recon RL, 130mm, 29/27+
- Derailleur - SRAM SX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter - SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset - SRAM SX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t
- Cassette - SRAM PG1210, 12spd, 11-50t
- Chain - SRAM SX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm
- Brakes - SRAM Level
- Rotors - Sram Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Handlebar - Race Face Ride
- Stem - Race Face Ride Stem
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, Torque Cap, 32h
- Rear Hub - SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims - WTB ST i40 TCS 2.0 27.5"
- Spokes - Sapim Race
- Front Tire - Maxxis Rekon 27.5"x2.8", EXO, TR
- Rear Tire - axxis Rekon 27.5"x2.8", EXO, TR
- Sealant - Stan's Sealant
- Seatpost - SDG Tellis
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Comp
|Head Tube Angle||67.3°||67.3°||67.3°||67.3°|
|Seat Tube Length||390mm||420mm||450mm||490mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||100mm||110mm||120mm|
|Top Tube Length||596mm||622mm||646mm||684mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||72.8°||72.8°||72.8°||72.8°|