Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Santa Cruz Hightower C S-Kit
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
*Available for in store pickup only.
If ever a bike resembled your most cherished mix tape compilation, the Hightower is it. Featuring Santa Cruz lower-link mounted shock design, updated, adjustable geometry, this “Engineering Best Of...” assembles some of their biggest design pleasers into one belter of a road-trip companion.
The Hightower has been a does-it-all-well trail bike since its inception. More maneuverable than its longer-travel sibling, the Megatower, and more at home in the steep-and-chunky than its snappy cousin Tallboy, Hightower excels when the route covers ‘all points in between,’ and descents come courtesy of some big-ass climbs. The VPP suspension’s lower-link-mounted shock creates a nearly linear leverage curve, meaning it mops up bumps of all sizes and maintains the kind of progressivity normally reserved for our V10 DH bike!
145mm of rear travel complemented by a 150mm front end gives Hightower just a bit more front and rear travel over the first generation model. Combined with a slacker 65-degree head tube angle, the Hightower still sits squarely in the Goldilocks zone, but with a touch more “Oh sh*t get me out of here” capability when the porridge gets too hot!
Balancing stiffness and weight savings in all the right places is a hallmark of all Santa Cruz carbon frames and the Hightower flies the flag yet higher. The advanced composite chassis tracks well across all trail surfaces, holds a line, and is reactive to rider directions while isolating pedal-influenced inputs.
The Hightower also has a bonus disc to heighten the experience—the flip chip. In the High setting, the BB height is a little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are required. In the Low position the shock rate is more progressive, to provide additional bottom-out resistance. Whatever mood you’re in, the tone of the Hightower can be adapted to meet your individual taste.
And speaking of taste, there’s a room for a water bottle inside the main frame and a threaded BB for convenience. There’s refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub. On top of that, there’s a tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock fender, and noise-canceling chainstay protector keeping things quiet.
The lifetime frame warranty, lifetime pivot bearing replacement policy, and lifetime guarantee on the optional Reserve carbon wheels assures you that the Hightower will keep delivering the hits for years to come.
- Kit - S-Kit
- Weight - 15.81kg / 34.85lbs
- Fork - FOX 36 Float Performance, 150mm, 29"
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select +
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset - SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle 12spd
- Brakes - SRAM code R
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Crane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Burgtec Alloy
- Stem - Burgtec Enduro MK3
- Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32H
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32H
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 30 29"
- Spokes - Sapim Race
- Front Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4", 3C, MaxxGRIP, EXO, TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR 29"x2.4", 3C, EXO, TR
- Tubes - Stan's Sealant
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Pro