Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Rocky Mountain Slayer Carbon Frame (29)
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
The RIDE-4 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry with a pair of Allen keys. Four configurations are possible thanks to one rotating chip. This allows for subtle geometry changes with minimal effect on your shock tune.
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
FORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
- Frame - SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB92. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-4™ Adjustable Geometry. 29: 170mm Travel / 27.5: 180mm Travel. FORM™ Alloy Rear Triangle
- Sizes - 27.5 = SM - MD | 29 = MD - LG - XL
- Front Travel - 180mm
- Shock - Fox DHX2 Factory | Steel Spring | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25x8mm F Hardware | All Sizes 230x65mm | Size-Specific tune in FAQ
- Rear Travel - 27.5 - 180mm | 29 - 170mm
- Headset - ZS44 | ZS56 Compatible
- Brakes - 180mm Post Mount
- Bottom Bracket - Press Fit BB92
- Rear Hub - Hub Spacing 148 x 12mm | RMB Axle dimensions 163mm x 12mm x 1.5mm
- Weight - 4.20 KG | 9.24 LBS | Incl. axle, seat collar, chainguide, and all protectors