Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Specialized Demo Race Mullet Edition
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
Introducing a new flexible wheel-size frame design that allows riders to take advantage of a 29-inch front wheel and a 27.5-inch rear wheel.
All-out speed has always been the Demo’s target, and with the Demo Race it’s no different. Introducing a new flexible wheel-size frame design that allows riders to take advantage of a 29-inch front wheel and a 27.5-inch rear wheel, it’s a special blend that’s long been tested by World Champ Loic Bruni looking for the perfect balance of traction and maneuverability, but only just green-lighted by the UCI this past year. Not that it stopped the Demo Race from racking up both the Downhill World Championship and overall World Cup titles in it’s very first season...
Now, we’re offering that same winning combination straight out of the box, while an adjustable rear end that still allows you to change between 27.5 and 29-inch wheel sizes based on terrain and riding style while also adjusting for proper chainstay length and bottom-bracket height.
Blazing fast on tough tracks, the Demo Race suspension design has been developed around a more rearward axle path that reduces rear wheel hang-up, increasing speed instead.
Top-shelf suspension from RockShox takes advantage of the most proven suspension kinematics on the World Cup circuit and SRAM’s DH-specific XO1 drivetrain has you covered from start gate to finish line.
- The Demo Race M5 alloy frame is fully optimized to take advantage of the traction benefits of a 29-inch front wheel and the increased manueverability of a 27.5-inch rear wheel while maintaiining the ability to change your rear wheel size to suit different terrain and riding styles with an adjustable rear end that ensures chainstay length and bottom-bracket height stay dialed no matter the hoop size.
- The Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH coil shock may be heavy on adjectives, but it’s even heavier on performance, offering external low speed compression and rebound adjustment while the Trunnion mount offers extra bushing overlap for increased durability.
- Not that it needs an introduction, the RockShox BoXXer Ultimate 29 comes from a long lineage of World Cup domination and it’s latest guise it features RockShox’s Charger 2.1 Damper, DH DebonAir spring and 200-millimeters of podium-bred travel.
- FRAME - M5 alloy, Style-Specific DH Geometry, horst pivot flip chip for 27.5 or 29 rear wheel, BSA threaded BB, full internal cable routing with option for full external brake, 148mm rear spacing, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, 34.9mm
- REAR SHOCK - RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH Coil, external low speed compression, external rebound adjust, Trunnion mount, 225x75
- FORK - RockShox BoXXer Ultimate 29, Charger 2.1 Damper, DH DebonAir spring, short crown, 20x110mm thru-axle, 56mm offset, 200mm of travel
- STEM - Descendant 35mm Direct Mount Stem, 50mm length
- HANDLEBARS - Roval Traverse SL Carbon, riser bar, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm, 35.0mm
- GRIPS - Deity, Knuckleduster, Black
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Henge DH, hollow titanium rails, 130mm
- SEATPOST - Thomson, alloy, straight, 12-degree clamp
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Code RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 220mm
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Code RSC, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed, trigger
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM X01 DH, trigger, 7-speed
- CASSETTE - SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed, 10-24t
- CHAIN - Sram PC1130 w/ Powerlink, 11-speed
- CHAINRINGS - 34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - SRAM DUB, 83mm
- CRANKSET - SRAM X01 DH, DUB, carbon, Direct mount ring, 165mm
- RIMS - Roval Alloy DH, 29 front, 27.5 rear, 28mm internal width, 28h, tubeless ready
- REAR HUB - DT Swiss 350, SRAM XD freehub, 6-bolt disc, high-low flange, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm spacing, 28h
- SPOKES - DT Swiss Competition, stainless steel, 14g
- FRONT TIRE - Butcher BLCK DMND, 29x2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Butcher BLCK DMND, 27.5x2.3"
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta Valve
- FRONT HUB - Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 20x110mm, 28h
|B-B Height (27.5 mid)||345mm||345mm||345mm|
|B-B Height (29 mid)||355mm||355mm||355mm|
|Chain-Stay Length (27.5)||438mm||438mm||438mm|
|Chain-Stay Length (29)||448mm||448mm||448mm|
|Chain-Stay Length (mid)||443mm||443mm||443mm|
|Front-Center (27.5 mid)||801mm||821mm||841mm|
|Front-Center (29 mid)||801mm||821mm||841mm|
|Head-Tube Angle (27.5 mid)||62.5°||62.5°||62.5°|
|Head-Tube Angle (29 mid)||63.2°||63.2°||63.2°|
|Reach (27.5 mid)||423mm||443mm||463mm|
|Reach (29 mid)||430mm||450mm||470mm|
|Seat-Tube Angle (27.5 mid)||77.8°||76.4°||76.4°|
|Seat-Tube Angle (29 mid)||78.5°||77.1°||77.1°|
|Stack (27.5 mid)||635mm||635mm||635mm|
|Stack (29 mid)||629mm||629mm||629mm|
|Trail (27.5 mid)||132mm||132mm||132mm|
|Trail (29 mid)||127mm||127mm||127mm|