Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0 Step-Through
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
If you can characterize your life as on-the-go, busy, or not having enough time, we made a bike for you—the Turbo Vado 3.0 Step-Through. It's made to accommodate busy lives that are always in movement, which is why we took our award-winning pedal-assist technology and accelerated it well into the future.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 E motor, the Turbo Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 E uses the same hardware as our 1.2 motor, but it features a tune that prioritizes efficiency. This means less peak torque and maximum output. Of course, it still features a near-silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill at, say, a traffic light both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. And the max speed? 28mph.
For the Vado 3.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city.
The new Turbo Connect Display (TCD) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays basic ride metrics (speed, cadence, power, battery level, and time), but it also lets you toggle between modes. Its design, meanwhile, is rugged and clean, and it has multiple mounting options for either road or mountain setups. As for the latest version of the Mission Control App, you’ll find that it now has more features and is even more intuitive to use. It lets you custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike with ease, monitor your power usage, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, and record/upload rides.
To top off all of the innovative features, we chose a worry-free spec that features Shimano 9-speed components, hydraulic disc brakes, racks, front/rear lights, and fenders.
- The Turbo Vado frame features an alloy step-through frame that's pretty light and super easy to get on or off of.
- The Turbo Vado’s Specialized 1.2 E motor emphasizes efficiency and range. We also fully integrated it with the frame, and it's been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
- FRAME - E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, Fitness/Transportation Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK - SR SunTour MOBIE30, custom crown, steel steerer, 9mm open dropout, 50mm of travel
- FRONT HUB - Specialized 6-bolt disc, ball bearings, 9x100mm spacing, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES - DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS - 700C disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, no eyelets
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TIRE - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47c
- REAR TIRE - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47c
- CRANKSET - Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS - 40T, custom alloy
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Alivio, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Alivio, Shadow Design, SGS cage, 9-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano CS-HG200, 9-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN - KMC e9T.NPNP, e-bike chain, 9-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro HD-T276, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro HD-T276, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Body Geometry Women's Contour
- STEM - Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE - Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- MOTOR - Specialized 1.2 E, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE - Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
- BATTERY - Specialized U1-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- CHARGER - Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger w/ Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- WIRING HARNESS - Custom Specialized harness
- KICKSTAND - Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- FENDERS - DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
- BELL - Simple bell
- PEDALS - Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|Head Tube Angle||70°||70°||70°||70°|
|Head Tube Length||145mm||145mm||155mm||170mm|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||450mm||485mm||535mm|