Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 Step-Through
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
It's a busy world out there, and the sad thing is, it's getting faster all of the time. That's why we recommend faster bikes for busy lives, like the Turbo Vado 4.0 Step-Through. It takes our award-winning and exclusive technology and tailors it to a package that's designed for getting you around your day-to-day life quicker than ever before. It's you, only faster.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 motor, the Turbo Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 motor features a silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. And the max speed? 28mph.
For the Vado 4.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-500 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city.
The new Turbo Connect Display (TCD) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays basic ride metrics (speed, cadence, power, battery level, and time), but it also lets you toggle between modes. Its design, meanwhile, is rugged and clean, and it has multiple mounting options for either road or mountain setups. As for the latest version of the Mission Control App, you’ll find that it now has more features and is even more intuitive to use. It lets you custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike with ease, monitor your power usage, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, and record/upload rides.
To top off all of the innovative features, we chose a worry-free spec that features Shimano 10-speed components, hydraulic disc brakes, racks, front/rear lights, and fenders.
- The Turbo Vado frame features an alloy step-through frame that's pretty light and super easy to get on or off of.
- The Turbo Vado’s Specialized 1.2 motor has been fully integrated with the frame, and it's been custom-tuned for city riding. We designed it to intuitively react to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 500 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to our Turbo Range Calculator.
- FRAME - E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, Fitness/Transportation Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK - SR Suntour NCX E25, steel steerer, 15mm thru-axle, 44mm offset, 50mm of travel
- FRONT HUB - Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES - DT Swiss IndustryRIMS700c disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TIRE - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47c
- REAR TIRE - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47c
- CRANKSET - Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS - 40T, custom alloy
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano Deore, 10spd, 11-42t
- CHAIN - KMC X10eT, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Body Geometry Women's Contour
- STEM - Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE - Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- MOTOR - Specialized 1.2, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE - Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
- BATTERY - Specialized U1-500, On/Off button, state of charge display, 500Wh
- CHARGER - Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS - Custom Specialized harness
- KICKSTAND - Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- FENDERS - DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
- BELL - Simple bell
- PEDALS - Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
|Head Tube Angle||70°||70°||70°||70°|
|Head Tube Length||145mm||145mm||155mm||170mm|
|Seat Tube Length.||400mm||450mm||485mm||535mm|