Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2022 Specialized Aethos Comp - Rival eTap AXS
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
What if we used every ounce of experience we’ve gained serving riders over the past 46 years and built a bike made simply for the love of riding? The Aethos is designed to straddle the line between perfect ride quality, extreme lightweight, and undeniable style. The Aethos Comp model is no exception.
With low-maintenance, wireless SRAM Rival eTap AXS electronic shifting and hydraulic disc brakes paired with bomb-proof DT Swiss R470 Disc wheels, you have the perfect steed to excite you out on the road.
- The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
- A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
- Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind. We’ve also spec’d it with Roval’s all-new Alpinist carbon seatpost, further saving weight and improving ride characteristics. Everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
- Frame - Aethos FACT 10R Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork - FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Handlebars - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Stem - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Tape - Supacaz Super Sticky Kush
- Saddle - Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
- SeatPost - Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost
- Seat Binder - Specialized Alloy, 30mm
- Front Brake - SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake - SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- Shift Levers - SRAM Rival eTap AXS
- Front Derailleur - SRAM Rival eTAP AXS, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM Rival eTap AXS, 12-speed
- Cassette - SRAM Rival, 12-speed, 10-36t
- Crankset - SRAM Rival
- Chainrings - 48/35T
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB BSA 68
- Chain - SRAM Rival 12-speed
WHEELS & TIRES
- Front Wheel - DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.
- Rear Wheel - DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.
- Front Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Inner Tubes - Presta, 48mm valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
|Top Tube Length||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Angle||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||431mm||462mm||481mm||504mm||532mm||567mm|
|Head Tube Length||109mm||120mm||137mm||157mm||184mm||204mm|
|Bike Standover Height||705mm||728mm||748mm||769mm||796mm||824mm|
|Fork Length, Full||369mm||369mm||369mm||369mm||369mm||369mm|