Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2022 Specialized Aethos Expert
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
Aethos: Billions of calculations in the pursuit of one thing— the perfect ride. It's more than just a motto, it's a philosophy. The Aethos has been designed to straddle the line between a perfected ride quality, extreme light weight, and undeniable style, and this Expert model is no exception.
With quick- shifting, low-maintenance Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting and hydraulic disc brakes paired with bomb-proof Roval C38 Disc carbon wheels, you have the perfect steed to get you out on the road.
- The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
- A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
- Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind. We’ve also spec’d it with Roval’s all-new Alpinist carbon seatpost, further saving weight and improving ride characteristics. Everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
- Frame - Aethos FACT 10R Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork - FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Handlebars - Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- Stem - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Tape - Supacaz Super Sticky Kush
- SeatPost - Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost
- Front Brake - Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc
- Seat Binder - Specialized Alloy, 30mm
- Rear Brake - Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc
- Shift Levers - Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra R8150, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra R8150, 12-speed
- Cassette - Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed, 11-30t
- Crankset - Shimano Ultegra R8100
- Chainrings - 52/36T
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano Threaded BSA BB
- Chain - Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed
- Front Wheel - Roval C38, 21mm internal width carbon rim
- Rear Wheel - Roval C38, 21mm internal width carbon rim
- Front Tire - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tire - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Saddle - Body Geometry Power Expert, titanium rails
- Inner Tubes - Turbo Ultralight, 48mm Presta valve
|Bike Standover Height||705||728||748||769||796||824|
|Fork Length, Full||369||369||369||369||369||369|
|Head Tube Angle||71.75||72.5||73||73.5||73.5||74|
|Head Tube Length||109||120||137||157||184||204|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5||74||74||73.5||73.5||73|
|Seat Tube Length||431||462||481||504||532||567|
|Top Tube Length, Hzntl||508||531||540||562||577||595|