Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2023 Santa Cruz Nomad 6 MX X01 AXS Reserve Air
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
ALL THE TRAVEL AND MX WHEELS
Load up the van, hit the road, climb a mountain, hammer it back down, huck the gap, throw the bike back in the van, drive to the bike park and do laps on laps. Hell, you could even rock up to the startline of the world's wildest races. The Nomad’s forte is being ready and willing to go wherever, whenever. The only thing it needs is a rider willing to press send.
VPP™ suspension can be optimized to strike a balance between pedaling efficiency and all-out bump-chomping prowess. The Nomad is exceptional at absorbing the biggest hits so its rider can charge harder, with more confidence, in the very worst terrain. But because it's still pedal efficient, getting up to the best, highest trails isn't a chore like some other bikes.
- Kit - X01 AXS RSV
- Price - $14649CDN
- Weight - 15.13kg / 33.36lbs
- Material - Carbon CC
- Fork - FOX 38 Float Factory, 170mm
- Shock - Fox Float X2 Factory 2-Position lever
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM X01 Eagle AXS, 12spd
- Shifters - SRAM GX AXS Controller
- Crankset - SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon DUB 32t
- Cassette - SRAM XG1295 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes - SRAM Code RSC
- Brake Rotors - SRAM HS2 Rotor 200mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Stem - Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Grips - Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips
- Front Hub - i9 1/1, 15x110, 28h
- Rear Hub - i9 1/1, 12x148, XD, 28h
- Rims - Reserve 30|HD 29" (f) 27.5" (r), 28h
- Chainguide - OneUp Bash Guide
- Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" 3C MaxxGrip, EXO+, TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, TR
- Tubes - Reserve Tubeless Sealant
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Medium Ti
All units are in millimeters or degrees.
|Reach | hi/lo||430/427||455/452||475/472||495/492||520/517|
|Stack | hi/lo||616/618||625/627||638/640||656/658||670/672|
|Head Tube Angle | hi/lo||63.8/63.5||63.8/63.5||63.8/63.5||63.8/63.5||63.8/63.5|
|Seat Tube Length||380/380||405/405||430/430||460/460||500/500|
|Front Center | hi/lo||770/770||799/799||826/826||855/855||886/886|
|BB Height | hi/lo||346/343||346/343||346/343||346/343||346/343|
|BB Drop (front) | hi/lo||27/30||27/30||27/30||27/30||27/30|
|BB Drop (rear) | hi/lo||8/11||8/11||8/11||8/11||8/11|
|Wheelbase | hi/lo||1209/1209||1239/1240||1269/1270||1301/1302||1336/1337|
|Rear Center | hi/lo||439/440||440/441||443/444||446/447||450/451|
|Head Tube Length||90/90||100/100||115/115||135/135||150/150|
|Top Tube Length | hi/lo||570/571||594/594||612/613||637/638||666/667|
|Seat Tube Angle | hi/lo||77.2/77||77.4/77.2||77.9/77.6||77.8/77.5||77.7/77.5|
|Standover Height | hi/lo||709/705||716/713||723/719||722/717||725/720|
If you're on the cusp between the recommended height range of two sizes, the absolute best thing is to try to ride them both. At a minimum, check the stack/reach measurements on your current bike and compare it to the new model you are looking at to get an idea of a fit you are already comfortable with. If riding the bike is not an option, consider the following.
The Nomad is available in sizes small - extra extra large (S-XXL).
A larger size frame will be more stable, and will give you more room to move without upsetting the weight-balance of the bike. The larger size will put the front wheel further in front of you, which gives the feeling of security and conversely, it will require more significant body movements when you WANT to shift the weight-bias of the bike. Think hard about your riding style and how active/intuitive you want it to be vs stable and speedy. You'll need to work a bit harder to muscle the larger bike around.
Not all bodies at a given height are the same. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso than the average person your height, that may push you towards the smaller of the recommended sizes. If you're all torso and arms, most likely you'll want to size up.