Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2023 Santa Cruz Tallboy 5 C S-Kit
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
Fully dialed at every size: Proportional Geometry and frame stiffness tune
Chainstay length and seat angle are matched to the frame size (STA steepens and rear centre grows as frame size increases) so that every rider, no matter what height, gets the same balance of geometry and handling characteristics.
We tailor stiffness for every size to make sure everyone gets the same ride quality. Bigger riders means greater stresses on larger frames, but that's remedied with our size-specific frame stiffness tunes.
GLOVEBOX: ALWAYS WITHIN REACH
Place your ride essentials securely in the Tallboy's downtube. The Glovebox comes with a fitted Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, tailored for the frame to keep your tools close to hand.
- Kit - S
- Price - $8149CDN
- Weight - 13.62kg / 30.04lbs
- Material - Carbon C
- Fork - FOX 34 Float Performance, 130mm, 29"
- Shock - FOX Float Performance DPS
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset - SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes - SRAM G2 R
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Burgtec RideWide Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem - Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Grips - Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips
- Front Hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 28h
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 36t, 28h
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 30 29"
- Front Tire - Maxxis Dissector 29"x2.4"WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Rekon 29"x2.4"WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR
- Tubes - Reserve Tubeless Sealant
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Medium CroMo
All units are in millimeters or degrees.
|Reach | hi/lo||405/403||430/428||455/453||475/473||495/493||520/518|
|Stack | hi/lo||601/603||610/612||619/621||628/630||646/648||656/658|
|Head Tube Angle | hi/lo||65.7/65.5||65.7/65.5||65.7/65.5||65.7/65.5||65.7/65.5||65.7/65.5|
|Seat Tube Length||370/370||380/380||405/405||430/430||460/460||500/500|
|Front Center | hi/lo||708/708||737/737||766/766||790/790||818/818||847/847|
|BB Height | hi/lo||335/332||335/332||335/332||335/332||335/332||335/332|
|BB Drop | hi/lo||38/41||38/41||38/41||38/41||38/41||38/41|
|Wheelbase | hi/lo||1138/1138||1167/1167||1199/1199||1227/1227||1257/1258||1290/1291|
|Rear Center | hi/lo||430/431||430/431||433/434||437/438||439/440||443/444|
|Head Tube Length||95/95||105/105||115/115||125/125||145/145||155/155|
|Top Tube Length | hi/lo||555/556||579/580||602/603||622/623||644/645||671/671|
|Seat Tube Angle | hi/lo||76/75.7||76.3/76||76.7/76.4||76.8/76.6||77/76.8||77.1/76.8|
|Standover Height | hi/lo||680/676||693/691||696/693||698/695||698/695||701/698|
If you're on the cusp between the recommended height range of two sizes, the absolute best thing is to try to ride them both. At a minimum, check the stack/reach measurements on your current bike and compare it to the new model you are looking at to get an idea of a fit you are already comfortable with. If riding the bike is not an option, consider the following.
The Tallboy is available in sizes extra small - extra extra large (XS-XXL).
A larger size frame will be more stable, and will give you more room to move without upsetting the weight-balance of the bike. The larger size will put the front wheel further in front of you, which gives the feeling of security and conversely, it will require more significant body movements when you WANT to shift the weight-bias of the bike. Think hard about your riding style and how active/intuitive you want it to be vs stable and speedy. You'll need to work a bit harder to muscle the larger bike around.
Not all bodies at a given height are the same. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso than the average person your height, that may push you towards the smaller of the recommended sizes. If you're all torso and arms, most likely you'll want to size up.