Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2023 Santa Cruz Megatower C S-Kit
|* To check in store availability:|
|Select variant below then view stock||here|
A downhill bike that goes everywhere
Seriously. The Megatower’s big wheels, long-travel and tough carbon fiber chassis delivers the high-speed security traits of a downhill bike. Yet the relatively steep seat angle and size-specific geo maintain the Mega’s mega pedaling ability, elevating its reputation as the perfect choice for big gravity rides and DH park laps.
- Available in: Carbon C and CC
- Wheel Size: 29
- Front Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 165mm
Place everything you need for a ride beneath the reassuringly high-quality latch and panel in the downtube, including your driving gloves. The Glovebox also comes with a Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, two refined pouches for keeping your essentials close to hand.
Full carbon C and CC frame options
CC frames use the very best materials and production processes available. Our C Carbon frames have the same features but the trade off for a little less $ is a little more weight. Both versions are made in our own factory, are just as strong and stiff as one another, and have a lifetime warranty.
The steep seat angle puts the rider in the right place for scaling the steepest pitches to get to the wildest descents. It's gets progressively steeper on the biggest sizes so everyone is sat in the right spot.
165mm VPP travel
A relatively low leverage ratio offers a more damped, controlled feel across longer travel ranges and easier setup.
Coil and water compatibility
The option to run large body shocks (like a coil), a lower-link flip chip and still able to fit a water bottle inside the front triangle.
165mm travel as standard but if you choose to swap to a longer stroke (65mm) rear shock you can bump it up to 170mm.
The details are completed by a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off strikes.
The Megatower's chainstay length is matched to the frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry.
- Frame - Carbon C 29" 165mm Travel VPP™
- Rear Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ 230x62.5
- Fork - FOX 38 Float Performance, 170mm
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Chainguide - OneUp Bash Guide
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4" EXO+, 3C MaxxTerra
- Front Tire - Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+, 3C MaxxGrip
- Sealant - Stan's Sealant
- Front Hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 6 bolt, 28h or E13 SL, 15x110, 6 bolt, 28h
- Front Rim - RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Spokes - Sapim Race
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 28h or E13 SL, 12x148, XD, 28h
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Rotors - Avid Centerline 200mm
- Front Brake - SRAM Code R
- Crankset - SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB 30t
- Handlebar - Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem - Burgtec Enduro MK3 42mm
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Pro Saddle or WTB Volt
- Seatpost - RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6 or Race Face Aeffect
- Grips - Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnar
|Head Tube Angle||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||380mm||405mm||430mm||460mm||500mm|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||100mm||115mm||135mm||150mm|
|Top Tube Length||570mm||595mm||613mm||638mm||667mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||77.0°||77.2°||77.5°||77.5°||77.5°|
If you're on the cusp between the recommended height range of two sizes, the absolute best thing is to try to ride them both. At a minimum, check the stack/reach measurements on your current bike and compare it to the new model you are looking at to get an idea of a fit you are already comfortable with. If riding the bike is not an option, consider the following.
The Megatower is available in sizes small - extra extra large (S-XXL).
A larger size frame will be more stable, and will give you more room to move without upsetting the weight-balance of the bike. The larger size will put the front wheel further in front of you, which gives the feeling of security and conversely, it will require more significant body movements when you WANT to shift the weight-bias of the bike. Think hard about your riding style and how active/intuitive you want it to be vs stable and speedy. You'll need to work a bit harder to muscle the larger bike around.
Not all bodies at a given height are the same. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso than the average person your height, that may push you towards the smaller of the recommended sizes. If you're all torso and arms, most likely you'll want to size up.